- Mobile Recharge
Where can I find mobile recharge promotions?
What is Mobile Recharge?
How can I make a mobile recharge?To recharge a mobile abroad, first you need to open a free account on this website.
Then, follow these simple steps:
- go to the online ordering form
- choose the country where you send the recharge and the operator of the mobile you want to recharge
- proceed to payment
- check the recharge status in the Activity - Orders section of your account.
Is there an expiry date on the Mobile Recharge that I send?We do not impose any expiration date on the Mobile Recharge that you send and normally the mobile operator of the phone you are recharging will not impose any either. We advise you check such details with your mobile operator.
How long does it take for the mobile recharge to arrive?The Mobile Recharge credit is normally received immediately after a successful purchase.
However, on rare occasions, if the mobile operator of the prepaid number you selected to recharge is experiencing delays, then the Mobile Recharge could take up to 12 hours.
Note that the operator will not always send an SMS to the recipient to advise of the top up and so if, after 12 hours the Mobile Recharge has not been received, then the recipient should get in touch directly with the mobile operator directly to confirm their balance.
The contact information for the operator is listed on the invoice, available in your account. Alternatively, you can let us know after 24 hours, so that we can contact the operator for you.
What are "local taxes"?A local tax is tax assessed and levied by a local entity or authority such as a state, county, municipality, or a local operator in this case. Local taxes differ according to the the country airtime is sent to. They may cover one, several or all of the taxes below: local operator's fees, VAT, specific municipality taxes, or national taxes in the destination country. The local taxes are not under the control of MobileRecharge. The processing fee is what MobileRecharge adds to the order value to cover for international transaction costs. The service processing fee will be displayed in the checkout, which is the last step in the purchase process.
Can I recharge any mobile?You must check if the mobile you wish to recharge is a prepaid number and allows prepaid recharges. After this, please make sure you have the correct number and mobile operator selected.
How do I know if my Mobile Recharge was processed?The Mobile Recharge is processed once you receive the invoice with the status "Successful." This means that the amount was sent to the mobile operator. It may take up to 24 hours for the mobile operator to update the credit to the prepaid number you selected. You can always check the status of your orders in your account.
Why did the phone I recharged not receive the promotional bonus?If the bonus was not received, you or the beneficiary should get in touch with the mobile operator directly. The contact information is available on your invoice with us. Alternatively, you can let us know after 24 hours, so that we can contact the operator for you.
The promotions that we display on our website are run solely by the local mobile operators, who are fully responsible for awarding the bonuses. We also display their Terms and Conditions associated with a specific promotion.
Why did the mobile phone I recharged receive less credit than I expected?In many countries, the government charges a local sales tax on Mobile Recharges. It is the same tax that consumers would have to pay if they bought a Mobile Recharge in store, in that particular country. Also note that mobile operators in several countries reserve the right to impose fees on mobile recharges without prior notice.
Are there any extra fees that apply to mobile recharges?For Mobile Recharge you will be charged a processing fee of minimum $1, depending on the amount you are recharging. You can see the exact processing fee amount on your checkout order summary before completing the purchase.
What is the calling rate that will apply to my Mobile Recharge beneficiary?The rates that apply to calls made by the mobile number you recharge will be the ones established by the local mobile provider. Please check this information with that mobile provider.
Where can I check the Terms and Conditions for a Mobile Recharge offer?MobileRecharge.com may have special offers for different mobile operators. Please check the Terms and Conditions displayed on the Mobile Recharge page to make sure you know all the details of an ongoing promotion.
What if my Mobile Recharge order has the status "Failed"?The "Failed" status can result if the mobile operator in that country is experiencing a technical outage. In this case we will attempt to send the recharge to that operator over the following 12 hours during which time the mobile operator will most likely have recovered and be able to accept the recharge. The status will then charge to "Successful".
The "Failed" status can also result for: incorrect mobile number, incorrect operator-number combination entered, post-paid instead of prepaid mobile number entered, mobile number is not yet activated etc. Please recheck the information you entered to make sure all information is valid.
If a "Failed" status changes to "Successful" then you will be charged accordingly. If after 72 hours, the status remains on "Failed" and you have not requested an inquiry, then our system will automatically cancel the transaction and you will not be charged. You can always check the status of your orders in your account Activity.
What can I do if I recharged the wrong number?Unfortunately, we cannot retrieve recharges that were sent to the wrong number or operator. These transactions are considered complete and we cannot retrieve or refund them since a successful online payment leads to immediate credit availability on the recharged mobile. Please carefully check and double-check the number you enter.
Can I recharge minutes or data with Mobile Recharge service?We can help you top up a mobile online, but the way the credit is being used depends on the local provider. You may want to check if the mobile operator has any plans or Internet packages advertised on our website.
Is there a maximum order limit for mobile recharges?There is no maximum order limit for the number of orders a client can place.
Still, some local operators may set a limit to the top up amount that a number can be recharged per week or month.
How does the PIN recharge work?When you buy a PIN recharge, the credit is not applied automatically to the number. The recipient receives an SMS with the PIN number and the steps explaining how to redeem it. Once the transaction is settled you will be provided with a confirmation email, confirming the status of your transaction and providing you with the PIN together with the instructions.
Additionally, you will be able to see these details by clicking on "Invoice" in the Activity section of your MobileRecharge.com account. Contact our Support Team if you need further assistance.
What operators and countries are eligible for Auto Top-up?
How do I activate Auto Top-up for a certain cell phone number?To set up Auto Top-up for a prepaid cell phone number, follow the steps:
1. Log into your account and initiate a Mobile Recharge order.
2. In the checkout, turn Auto Top-up ON and select the frequency.
3. Double-check and tap PLACE ORDER to proceed to payment.
If the order is Successful, your Auto Top-up is ON, and you can check that in your account dashboard.
Can I change the Auto Top-up settings?If you need to change one or more parameters of your Auto Top-up:
1. Initiate a manual Mobile Recharge order for the phone number set on Auto Top-up.
2. Once you're in the checkout go to the Auto Top-up section and tap "Change your Auto Top-up settings".
3. Choose the new parameters, double-check and then tap PLACE ORDER to proceed to payment.
If the transaction is Successful, the Auto Top-up has been updated and is now visible in the account dashboard.
What happens if I place a Mobile Recharge order manually when I already have Auto Top-up enabled for the same prepaid number?Your Auto Top-up settings will not be affected unless you want to change something. This option is available at checkout.
Say, you want to take advantage of a promo or the beneficiary needs a recharge outside your Auto Top-up calendar. Although you have Auto Top-up enabled for that specific cell phone number, you can ignore the Auto Top-up setup and send credit manually. This action will not affect your scheduled top-up unless in the buying process you make some changes to the Auto Top-up settings associated. Otherwise, you will be sending extra credit, outside your Auto Top-up plan.
I cannot set up Auto Top-up for a number I recharged in the past. Why?
Auto Top-up is ON but the owner of the mobile number setup did not receive the credit yet. Why?Mobile Recharge transaction scheduled with Auto Top-up may not go through due to several reasons:
- The payment method you've provided could not be charged due to payment declined by the bank, expiration, or other reasons
- The operator experienced a shortage
- Technical issue
- The number set to be recharged gets ported to another operator. In this case, we cannot tell you the reason why a recharge fails, and the beneficiary will need to inform himself/herself.
In case of payment method expiration, card removed from the account, an email notification has been sent to you 48 hours prior to the transaction. Please check your email. If you cannot find it in your Inbox, please also check the Spam folder. In this case, your Auto Top-up setup for the number that should have been recharged is now disabled. Please enable it again by initiating a manual order and making the settings in the buying process.
In case of an outage or a technical issue that could not have been anticipated, we will reprocess the order associated with your Auto Top-up settings in the following 12 hours. However, if the reprocess window closes and the order is still unsuccessful, your Auto Top-up setup will be disabled and we will send you an email notification. You'll need to activate it again in your account Dashboard, or initiate a manual order and make the settings during the buying process.
Where can I check the date of the next recharge set in Auto Top-up?
Why is my Auto Top-up disabled? I haven't done that.Please check the following cases when Auto Top-up is disabled without your intervention:
- The local operator's options change (for example, the amount you've chosen). You'll need to enable the feature again, thus giving your approval for the new options.
- The operator associated with your Auto Top-up becomes inactive on our platform.
- Prices increase by more than 6%. You'll need to activate the feature again, thus giving your approval for the new prices.
- In case of an outage or a technical issue we could not have been anticipated occurs and the attempts to send your Mobile recharge in the following 12 hours fail. We will reprocess the order associated with your Auto Top-up settings for the following next 12 hours. However, if the reprocess window closes and the order is still unsuccessful, your Auto Top-up setup will be disabled and we will send you an email notification. You'll need to activate it again in your account Dashboard, or initiate a manual order and make the settings during the buying process.
- Recharge order processing failed after 12 hours of retrial.
- For security reasons.
How can I change the amount set for Auto Top-up?If you need to change the amount set for Auto Top-up, you need to:
- Initiate a new purchase for that specific cell phone number and choose the amount intended to change in the first place.
- Once you've selected a new amount in the buying process (checkout), tap "Change your Auto Top-up settings" in the Auto Top-up section.
The new auto top-up settings will become active only after successfully placing the order.
I can't see Auto Top-up in the app menu. Why?Auto Top-up feature is only available for desktop at the moment. But you can set and edit Auto Top-up in the desktop version of the service on a mobile phone, PC or laptop.
How do I cancel an Auto Top-up?
Will the customers be able to use Cubacel bonuses to buy the 3G&4G plans?In general, the recipient cannot buy data plans using the bonus. However, there are some promotions that double or triple the main balance and in that situation, they can use the extra credit for data plans too. To make sure, please check the terms and conditions of each promo.
Can I send mobile recharges that can be used for 3G&4G services in Cuba?Yes, the credit you send to Cuba can be used for purchasing 3G&4G plans. Just remember that during Cubacel promotions, only the main balance can be used for buying such plans.
- Travel eSIM
What is an eSIM?An eSIM, found on eSIM capable devices, is an embedded SIM card that offers a more intelligent and convenient method of staying connected. It allows you to directly download data packs onto your phone, eliminating the need for hunting down SIM cards and concerns about misplacing your original one.
It's essential to remember that eSIMs exclusively function on devices that are both eSIM compatible and network unlocked.
To ensure the compatibility of your device with eSIM plans, you have two options: consult our list of eSIM compatible devices or directly access your device's settings to confirm its eSIM capability.
If your device supports eSIMs, all you need to do is obtain an eSIM plan from Travel eSIM to maximize the potential of your device!
What is a Travel eSIM?A Travel eSIM is a data-only pack that offers a specific amount of data and has fixed validity period. It is distributed through an eSIM and does not include a phone number, nor does it support voice or SMS capabilities.
When can I install my eSIM?To determine the appropriate timing for eSIM installation, it is essential to have knowledge of the activation policy.
For most eSIMs, activation occurs only at the destination when they establish a connection with a supported network or any of the supported networks. However, there are also eSIMs that activate immediately upon installation, regardless of the location.
How can I determine the activation timing of my eSIM? You need to review the activation policy specific to your eSIM.
Before making a purchase:
1. Conduct a search for the country where you intend to purchase an eSIM.
2. Choose your preferred eSIM.
3. Verify the Additional Information provided.
4. Click on "More details" to locate the Activation Policy.
The activation policy can be described as follows:
1. "The validity period starts when the eSIM connects to any supported network(s)": This means that you can install the eSIM before your travel without activating it. Upon reaching your destination, you can activate the eSIM by turning on your eSIM line, as long as you have completed the setup as advised on your eSIM installation page.
2. "The validity period starts at the installation": This implies that your eSIM will activate instantly upon installation, and therefore, the validity period will commence even if you have not yet arrived at your destination.
How can I install the Travel eSIM on my iOS device?Step 1/2 - Install your Travel eSIM
To install with QR Code (*recommended):
1. Open your phone's camera and scan your QR code
2. Add a custom label for your new eSIM plan, for e.g. "Country Name - Data"
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the eSIM installation process.
4. Once the eSIM is successfully installed, choose it as your default line for Cellular Data.
5. Do not turn on "Allow Cellular Data Switching" to prevent charges on your other line.
To manually install, without a QR code (*alternative):
1. Go to Settings → Cellular/Mobile Data → Add eSIM or Set up Cellular/Mobile Service
2. Select "Use QR Code" for the "Enter Details Manually" to become available
3. Enter the SM-DP+ Address and Activation Code displayed on Dashboard in your account and then resume with Steps 2-5 from above.
Step 2/2 - Start using your data
Do not forget to update your mobile data settings:
1. Go to Cellular/Mobile Data, then select your Travel eSIM → Enable the “Turn On This Line” toggle, go back to "Mobile data" and select your new Travel eSIM data plan
2. Tap “Network Selection”, disable the “Automatic” toggle → select the supported network if your eSIM has connected to the wrong network.
3. Enable the “Data Roaming” toggle for your new eSIM plan.
If you're having any issues with your data, you need to check your APN and Roaming settings to make sure that they're correct:
Under your new eSIM → Mobile Data Network → find "APN" and use the APN displayed in you online accound, under the "Activity" tab.
How can I install the Travel eSIM on my Android device?Step 1/2 - Install your Travel eSIM
To install with QR Code (*recommended):
1. Go to Settings → Network & internet, then tap “(+)” next to the SIMs/Mobile network section
2. Tap “Download a SIM instead?”, then tap “Next”
3. Tap “Use a different network” if you need to confirm your network
4. Scan the QR code available in your online account, then tap “Download/Activate”
5. Tap “Settings/Done” when you see the Download Finished screen.
To manually install, without a QR code (*alternative):
1. Follow Step 1-3 from above and at step 4 → Tap “Need help?”, then tap “Enter it manually”.
2. Enter your SM-DP+ Address and Activation Code available in your online account → tap “Continue”, then tap “Download/Activate”.
Step 2/2 - Start using your data
Do not forget to update your mobile data settings:
1. Go to “SIMs”, then select your Travel eSIM → Enable the “Use SIM" toggle, then tap "Yes".
2. Enable the “Mobile data” toggle.
3. Enable the “Roaming” toggle, then tap “OK”.
If you're having any issues with your data, you need to check your APN and Roaming settings to make sure that they're correct:
Tap Access Point Names, then tap “(+) → Enter the APN available in your online account, under the "Activity" tab.
Tap the three dots on the right top of the screen, tap Save.
When does my eSIM data package expire?The expiration date of your eSIM data package is determined by its validity or data usage. It will last for the specified validity period unless you consume all the data before that. The validity period begins when the eSIM is activated, which usually happens when it connects to a supported network at your destination. Some eSIMs may also activate upon installation, regardless of your location.
For more information, please refer to the "Activation policy" details available under "More details" on the purchase page.
Is there an eSIM for my desired country?We most likely offer the eSIM you need! Our Travel eSIM provides coverage in 200+ countries and regions. Simply visit our Travel eSIM page and enter your desired country to view the available eSIM plans.
How can I save my Travel eSIM instructions for later?If you wish to postpone the set-up process, make sure to keep the email containing the instructions for updating your data settings. Please note that the Travel eSIM can only be installed once, and removing it from your device will render it unusable. In such a case, you will need to purchase a new eSIM.
How do I change my APN settings?The 'Access Point Name' (APN) on your device may need customization to enable data access with specific Travel eSIMs. If your eSIM requires APN settings, you can locate the necessary details on the eSIM installation page.
For iOS, go to Cellular/Mobile Data, then select your Travel eSIM → Mobile Data Network → find "APN" and use the APN displayed in your online account.
For Android, go to “Mobile Network” (or search for "Access Point"), tap "Access Point Names", then tap “(+) → Enter the APN available and use the APN displayed in your online account.
When does the validity period of my data pack start?Usually, the validity period of the Travel eSIM begins upon connecting to a supported network. However, some eSIMs may also activate upon installation, regardless of your location. For more information, please refer to the "Activation policy" details available under "More details" on the purchase page.
I can’t scan my QR CodeIf you're unable to scan the QR code provided, you have the option to manually install the eSIM by entering the installation details found in your account under the "Activity" tab.
How do I know if my phone is compatible?You will have to check if your device is eSIM compatible and unlocked for network usage. Device compatibility may vary depending on the carrier and country of origin, so you should refer to the list of eSIM compatible devices provided here.
Can I use tethering (Personal Hotspot)?Sure, you have the option to use your personal hotspot in conjunction with your eSIM, if both your device and the network support this feature.
Can I reinstall an eSIM?Most eSIMs cannot be reinstalled, so removing your eSIM may result in an error when attempting to download it again.
We advise you to disable the eSIM temporarily when not in use to minimize data usage. However, once activated, the eSIM remains valid without any interruptions.
Why have I received the “This code is no longer valid” error message?This error message occurs when attempting to add an eSIM that has been added previously, or when the QR code was only partially scanned due to a weak connection.
Please be aware that if the eSIM has been removed and you try to reinstall it, it will not work.
If you are installing the eSIM for the first time, this error message may arise due to a weak connection, enabled VPN, or an excessive number of eSIMs installed on the device.
What do I do if my device is network locked?eSIM installation is restricted to devices that are both compatible with eSIMs and have been network unlocked. Please reach out to your mobile carrier to unlock your device.
Furthermore, if your device has recently been unlocked, your carrier might have temporarily disabled eSIM support as a security measure. Please get in touch with your mobile carrier to unlock your device or bypass the security settings.
I’m receiving the ‘Cellular Plans From This Carrier Cannot be Added’ error message. What now?This error may be displayed if you attempt to install an eSIM on a device that is locked to a specific network.
To determine if your device is locked, please follow these instructions:
1. Go to Settings > General > About.
2. Look for the option labeled "Carrier Lock".
3. If you see the message "No SIM restrictions", your device is not locked. If you do not see this message, please reach out to your carrier to request unlocking your device.
If your device has recently been unlocked, your carrier might have temporarily disabled eSIM support as a security measure.
Please get in touch with your mobile carrier to unlock your device or bypass the security settings.
I’m receiving the ‘Unable to Complete Cellular Plan Change’ error message. What now?The "Unable to Complete Cellular Plan Change" error message is related to an installation failure which can be caused by different factors:
1. Too many eSIMs are installed on the device. eSIM compatible devices allow you to install multiple eSIMs, but depending on the device model, the number of eSIMs you can have active simultaneously may vary.
2. Cellular/Mobile data is disabled in the device’s settings
3. Trying to install an eSIM that was already installed: most eSIMs can only be installed once.
4. Poor connection when trying to install the eSIM. This commonly happens when using the ship’s wi-fi or public wi-fi.
Where can I find my invoice?Log into your online account, and go to the "Activity" tab. Next, tap on "Orders" and look for the order you're interested in. On the same line, tap on "View" to check your invoice details.
If you need to check older transactions, please hit "More" below your list of orders to have the whole list displayed.
Do you have Terms and Conditions?
What is 3D-Secure?3-D Secure is a global e-commerce solution that enables cardholders to authenticate themselves to their card issuer through the use of a unique personal code/password. When you make a purchase, you may be redirected briefly to your bank/issuer website to enter your 3D-Secure password and when your bank/issuer accepts this, then you are redirected back to our website to complete the purchase. This solution addresses current consumer concerns about the security of online shopping and the high rate of e-commerce fraud and it is designed to take online shopping security and consumer confidence to a new level.
For VISA customers the security check will appear under the name "Verified by VISA". For MASTERCARD customers the security check will appear under the name "MasterCard SecureCode".
Why have I been asked to enter a password when making a purchase?This is a 3D-Secure security check directly from your bank/card issuer. When you make a purchase, you may be redirected briefly to your bank/issuer website to enter your 3D-Secure password and when your bank/issuer accepts this, then you are redirected back to our website to complete the purchase. If the bank/issuer is asking you to enroll for 3D secure or enter a password for 3D-Secure and you want to skip this, then you must get in touch with the bank directly.
What credit/debit cards do you accept?We accept American Express (for USD payments only), Diners, Discover, Japanese Credit Bank, Maestro, Mastercard, Visa or Visa Electron. You can also use your PayPal account for finalizing an order.
Can I buy your products using a debit card?You can purchase any of our products by using both credit and debit cards. We accept American Express (for USD payments only), Diners, Discover, Japanese Credit Bank, Maestro, Mastercard, Visa or Visa Electron. You can also use your PayPal account with us.
Is your website secure? Can I place orders with my card safely?Yes, our website is secure for online transactions. We use reasonable precautions to keep the personal information you disclose both in your browsing and your purchases, and never release this information to third parties.
What's my billing address?Your billing address is the address your card was issued to. Please use this as your billing address for orders on the website. We will not send anything by mail to this address.
Can I ask for my money back?
- Account & Payments
What forms of payment do you accept?The payment can be made with any of these credit/debit cards: American Express, Diners, Discover, Japanese Credit Bank, Maestro, Mastercard, Visa, Visa Electron and, of course, with PayPal.
- How to Buy
Do you charge anything extra?For buying a Mobile Recharge you will be charged a small processing fee depending on the value you wish to buy. The exact amount will appear on the checkout page before you make payment. This processing fee reflects multiple international payments we need to cover in order for you to be able to make the fast and secure online top ups.
Why was my payment declined?Declines can happen for a variety of reasons, the most common of which are: insufficient funds, incorrect card information, expired or canceled card, and the impossibility of making online payments with that specific card. In some rare cases there may be a communication error or a technical problem, so we recommend that you try again later. If your payment still doesn't go through, please contact your bank for more information.
Why is there a processing fee?The processing fee is a percentage-based fee that's charged on every transaction. It reflects several international transactions we need to cover to make possible your fast and secure online top ups. The value is of minimum $1, depending on the amount you are recharging. You can see the exact processing fee amount on your checkout order summary before completing the purchase.
How can I change the card saved in my account for a recurring payment?In order to change the card saved in your account for a recurring payment, you need to:
- Save a new card the My Information section of your account (Payment Methods >> Add a new card);
- Choose the product for which you want to replace the card in the Subscription Payment Options section and select the new card from the dropdown.
How can I save another credit/debit card in my account?
Can I pay through money transfer?No, but we accept all major cards and PayPal. Please check our payment options at the bottom of the page.
How do I edit my billing address?
Do I sign a contract?
- Account Information
I lost my password. How can I retrieve it?
How do I change my password?
How do I delete my MobileRecharge account and my information from your database?For security reasons, the request to delete your account can only be submitted from your online account.
Results of Account Deletion
Please note that by deleting your account, the following will happen:
- Your personal and account information will be deleted from our system.
- Any remaining balances will be immediately forfeited & are non-refundable.
- You will no longer receive any notification from our website.
- Your account will be permanently deleted and cannot be recovered.
Check Before You Delete
For account deletion to proceed, first make sure you:
- cancel any active subscriptions in your account and
- don't have any pending orders
Delete Your Account Steps
Here are the steps to follow to delete your account:
- Go to the My Information tab in your online account
- Scroll down to "Account Control" under the "Account Details" section.
- Click on the "Request" button next to "Delete your account".
- Follow the on-screen steps and finish the process.
Our website and service are CCPA & GDPR compliant.
Thank you for your time with us and remember you can open a new account with us whenever you wish.
- Offers & Promotions
How can I find out about offers and promotions?You will receive updates about promotions and coupons by email, if you are subscribed to our Newsletter.
- Company Background
Where is your business located?Our business is registered in Atlanta, GA, USA and we have offices in USA, South America and Europe.
What is your mailing address?
How long have you been in business?Our company was launched in 2002. Since then we have been offering our services to hundreds of thousands of customers worldwide.